In case you haven't noticed, we're currently enjoying family time with my in-laws in CALIFORNIA. We truly enjoy our visits. A mixture of spending quality time, wonderful weather, and the list of things to do. I thought I'd add our list of favorite things to do in Orange County.
- The Pretend City Children's Museum- Your child will LOVE! As in title, it's literally a little city inside. You can go to the dentist, go out on a farm, or even go inside a house. William was obsessed. It's awesome for more chilly days in CA or even too hot days. http://www.pretendcity.org/
- The Irvine Park- This place is amazing. It has a railroad to ride, a couple playgrounds, a little zoo, and a little pond that you can ride a paddle boat. During the holidays the train and park do special events. We're hoping to make it to the pumpkin patch in the Autumn. http://www.irvineparkrailroad.com/
- Huntington Beach- We love to pack up with my in-laws and spend the day at the beach. It's free (except for parking) and William loves to run around in the sand. I like Huntington because there's a lot of different eateries around so if William gets hungry we can run over to one.
- Irvine Spectrum- Need a little shopping time? I like to take William to play on the playground, merry-go-round, and ride the tiny train. After he's worn out, I take him around to all the stores to shop a little. Spectrum offers a lot of children stores. Also, a lot of Mommy stores:)
- Downtown Disney - If your little one isn't old enough to go to Disneyland yet, then go to Downtown Disney. William was amazed by the Lego Disney characters. Tons of restaurants, stores, and events. One day we just sat and listened to a band play while William danced. Always something going on.