The countdown begins! Two days until my little guy turns 3! Absolutely mind blowing! It's crazy that three years have flown by. We've learned so much from this little guy and can't wait to enjoy more of this wonderful adventure of parenthood. To start the celebration I thought I'd do a flashback of his prior birthdays leading up to this one! Today on the blog, his very first birthday party!
Theme: Mickey Mouse
Location: Dartmouth College Tom Dent Cabin
Food: Sandwiches, Mickey nuggets, hot dogs, nachos, Oreos, fruit, and cake.
Games: Pinata, bowling, ball toss, coloring, and cars.
Planning a first birthday party tips:
- If you're already feeling anxious hire a planner. That way you will be stress free & can enjoy the party.
- Pick a location that is special for your family. For us, Dartmouth is very special. We knew we wanted to do it in a cabin so we'd be able to make it a tradition for each of William's big birthdays and our children to come.
- Pick a theme you are attached to & that your baby enjoys. Let's be honest your child isn't going to remember the party. However, you will. Make it something that you know goes with their first year of life.
- If kids are coming, know their ages. Easy way to keep the party fun yet calm. If they have activities that are age appropriate they will be in heaven!
- Know your guests. First birthday is def. a celebration for you both as parents. You made it through your first year of parenting. That being said, if adults are coming and you know that l, pop some bottles to celebrate!
- Get those pictures in early. A baby is always messy. So get the pics out of the way so you're not upset your child is a mess.
- Make a Pinterest board. Such an easy way to pick things you'd like to have at the party.
- Prepare for the worst. Make a back up plan if it rains, you run out of food, or if your child's sick. Easy way for you not to get frazzled if these things happen.